The European Commission, with the support of the European Personnel Selection Office (EPSO) has just released an official Notice of Competition calling forward applications from specialists to join the team as AD6 level Administrators in the field of maritime affairs and fisheries.
Below we explore the specifics of this competition and the selection process that you will need to undertake.
Want to join the conversation and talk to other candidates about this competition?
Get helpful hints and advice from other candidates via the Administrators in Maritime Affairs & Fisheries - EPSO Exams Facebook Group.
Getting ready for this competition?
Access practice packages here, view methodology webinars here - some are even FREE! or join a simulation session.
|Competition Snapshot I Eligibility Criteria I Selection Process I How Can You Apply?|
- Open for Applications: 9 December, 2021
- Application Deadline: 11 January, 2022 (12-noon Brussels Time)
- Places on the Reserve List: 86
- Grades: AD6
- This competition includes a Talent Screener
- Posts will be based in Brussels, predominantly at the European Commission’s Directorate-General for Maritime Affairs and Fisheries (DG MARE).
- Please refer to the Notice of Competition's ANNEX I, which outlines the duties to be performed.
Candidates will need to satisfy the following:
- Have EU citizenship
- Fulfilled any military service requirements
- Meet the character requirements for the duties concerned
- Have knowledge of at least TWO official EU languages:
- Language 1: Have a thorough knowledge (minimum C1 level) of one of the 24 official EU languages - will be defined as your Language 1.
- Language 2: Have a good command (minimum B2 level) of one of the 24 official EU languages AND must be different to your Language 1 choice - will be defined as your Language 2.
- Qualifications & Work Experience:
- Completed university studies of at least 4 years with a diploma. PLUS a minimum of 3 years professional experience directly related to the duties as indicated in Annex I. OR
- Completed university studies of at least 3 years with a diploma. PLUS a minimum of 4 years professional experience directly related to the duties as indicated in Annex I.
Please consult ANNEX II of the Notice of Competition for examples of minimum qualifications.
IMPORTANT: You must complete your Application AND Talent Screener in your CHOSEN LANGUAGE 1 - pick from any of the 24 official EU languages.
1. ELIGIBILITY CHECK
EPSO will check the data provided by each candidate via their online application against the eligibility requirements of this competition. Remember that you can fill out your application in any of the 24 Official EU languages. Candidates that are deemed eligible will move on to the next round of the competition.
2. TALENT SCREENER
You MUST complete your Talent Screener in your CHOSEN LANGUAGE 1 - pick from any of the 24 official EU languages.
The selection board assigns a weighting to each selection criterion and based on the information provided in the Talent Screener each candidate will receive a score. Only those candidates with the highest overall marks will go through to the next stage. Therefore, you should include all relevant information in your Talent Screener answers, even if you have already mentioned it in other sections of your application form. The questions are based on the selection criteria included in this notice - see ANNEX III for the list of criteria.
Getting this part wrong can easily jeopardise your chances of moving through to the next stage of the selection process - which you don't want to risk. To better understand how the EPSO Talent Screener works it is advised that you view this webinar recording - Everything You Need To Know About EPSO's Talent Screener.
Need help with your EPSO application or Talent Screener?
Take a look at our Application Assistance service
3. REASONING TESTS ROUND
Those who scored the highest marks in the Talent Screener will be invited to the Reasoning Tests Round. A maximum of 3 times the number of successful candidates sought via this competition will be invited to this phase.
At this phase of the competition, you will need to complete a series of computer-based multiple-choice reasoning tests in your chosen LANGUAGE 1.
Numerical + Abstract Combined 10/20
- To progress in the competition and be invited to the Assessment Centre you MUST reach the minimum pass mark in all tests.
- The results of these three tests will NOT be added to the marks obtained in the Assessment Centre when calculating your final overall score.
4. ASSESSMENT CENTRE
Those who reached the required pass marks in the Reasoning Tests will be invited to the Assessment Centre.
You will be invited to attend an Assessment Centre (online or in-person) over one or several days. Further details and instructions will be included in your invitation letter.
During the Assessment Centre, candidates will be tested on 8 general competencies, as well as field-related competencies via 3 tests:
These exercises will need to be completed in your chosen LANGUAGE 2. Each general competency will be awarded a mark out of 10, with a total pass mark required of 40/80. In addition to this, the Field-Related Interview will require a minimum pass mark of 50/100.
5. RESERVE LIST
After checking candidates’ supporting documents, the selection board will draw up a Reserve List of eligible candidates who obtained the highest overall score, until the number of successful candidates sought is reached.
How Can You Apply?
Make sure to ALWAYS check the official Notice of Competition and understand the rules relating to the exams.
For full details on this selection procedure read the official Notice of Competition and the General Rules Governing Open Competitions to ensure you have the required qualifications and satisfy the eligibility criteria before applying.
Click here to start the application process: Administrators in the field of Maritime Affairs & Fisheries
Are You New to EPSO Competitions?
EU Training offers a wealth of practice materials for all stages and levels of the EU institutions’ selection exams.
Check out our FREE E-books, webinars, webcasts and e-learning materials to help you excel.
If you have a question or need additional help in understanding the EPSO processes, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Want to see what these EPSO Pre-Selection exams look like?
Try our FREE EPSO Exam Demo
Unsure how the EPSO selection process works?
View our short video - ‘New To EPSO Competitions’
How To Make The Most Of Your EPSO Talent Screener
The Motivation Challenge - What To Write In Your EPSO Application?
13 Best EPSO Preparation Resources - Free and Paid
What EU Job Applicants Should Always Keep in Mind
6 Reasons Why EU Exam Candidates Fail
EPSO competitions - how to apply?
For updates on EPSO competitions, follow EU Training on Facebook and keep an eye on EPSO's "Upcoming Opportunities" page
What is an EPSO competition?
If you are new to the EPSO selection process then it's important to learn how this complex (and sometimes confusing) process works. The great news is EU Training has all the resources and preparation tools you'll need to get fully prepared. Start by visiting our "New To EU Exams?" page, then browse our FREE Webcasts and Webinars library.
How do I get an EU job?
So you're dreaming of an EU job...congratulations! You're about to embark on an exciting career choice. There are many roads to an EU job and at times these roads can be hard to navigate. That's why we've put together a helpful overview of EU career opportunities in Brussels and beyond so you can get started on the path that is right for you.