As we near the end of 2016, EPSO has updated its Forward Planning calendar one last time with some positive confirmations. While most of these updates were expected, the fact that they now appear in the Forward Planning calendar as well, serves as a good preparation guide for 2017.
CAST Confirmed for January 2017
While EPSO had already announced this on its website and it was covered by EU Training at the start of the month, the January confirmation now also appears in the EPSO Forward Panning calendar.
The previous 7 CAST profiles continue to be listed, but a new profile has been added – Project Management.
See below the CAST exams that will be launched in January 2017:
- EPSO/CAST/P/1/2017 (Finance, FG III)
- EPSO/CAST/P/2/2017 (Finance, FG IV)
- EPSO/CAST/P/3/2017 (Project/Programme Management, FG III)
- EPSO/CAST/P/4/2017 (Project/Programme Management, FG IV)
- EPSO/CAST/P/5/2017 (Finance, FG II)
- EPSO/CAST/P/6/2017 (Secretariat/Clerical Tasks, FG II)
- EPSO/CAST/P/7/2017 (Human Resources/Administration, FG II)
- EPSO/CAST/P/8/2017 (Human Resources/Administration, FG III)
- EPSO/CAST/P/9/2017 (Human Resources/Administration, FG IV)
- EPSO/CAST/P/10/2017 (Communication, FG III)
- EPSO/CAST/P/11/2017 (Communication, FG IV)
- EPSO/CAST/P/12/2017 (Political Affairs/EU Policies, FG III)
- EPSO/CAST/P/13/2017 (Political Affairs/EU Policies, FG IV)
- EPSO/CAST/P/14/2017 (Law, FG III)
- EPSO/CAST/P/15/2017 (Law, FG IV)
- EPSO/CAST/P/16/2017 (Information and Communication Technology, FG III)
- EPSO/CAST/P/17/2017 (Information and Communication Technology, FG IV)
To hear about the upcoming 2017 CAST competition updates and to interact directly with other candidates, you may be interested in joining the 2017 EPSO CAST Exams Facebook group.
NEW EUIPO Competitions in January 2017
The forward planning has revealed that there will be two new EUIPO (European Union Intellectual Property Office) competitions released on 12 January, 2017. While these are not considered official EPSO competitions, the computer-based tests, competency tests and interviews will be organised and administered by the European Personnel Selection Office (EPSO).
The two competitions listed are:
- Administrators in the field of Intellectual Property – AD6 level competition
- Assistants in the field of Intellectual Property – AST3 level competition
EUIPO CAST Competitions
The EUIPO CAST competitions that EU Training covered at the end of November have also been added to the EPSO Forward Planning calendar now.
The registration deadline for these applications is fast approaching, so make sure you get your application in as soon as possible - before 21 December, 2016.
There are currently six opportunities being advertised, but please note that you can only apply to ONE function group and ONE profile:
FUNCTION GROUP III (FGIII)
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY SUPPORT – Function Group III (FGIII)
- ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT – Function Group III (FGIII)
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY/PROJECT MANAGEMENT SUPPORT – Function Group III (FGIII)
FUNCTION GROUP IV (FGIV)
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY SPECIALIST – Function group IV (FGIV)
- ADVISER / SPECIALIST – Function Group IV (FGIV)
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY/PROJECT MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST – Function Group IV (FGIV)
To find out more about each profile please click here.
EU Training monitors all sources and will always keep you immediately up to date about the latest EPSO news, rumours and exams. You may also be interested in joining our Facebook Group, which features all the latest news as it becomes available.
Are you new to EPSO Competitions?
Our research shows that most candidates who succeed start preparing 2-3 months before the pre-selection tests take place.
EU Training offers a wealth of practice materials for all stages and levels of the EU institutions’ selection exams.